Friday 17 February 2017

''OUR FIRST BORN WAS FORCED TO HAVE SEX WITH OUR MUM .MY TWO SISTERS WERE RAPED , ONE OF THEM BY 6 GUNMEN UNTIL SHE FAINTED. MY DAD COULD NOT TAKE IT ANYMORE SO HE WAS SHOT DEAD TRYING TO RESCUE US '',CONGOLESE REFUGEE SINGER SPEAKS.

Singer Smart Djaba & Dj Creme Del a Creme during a past event


By Mkikuyu Mjaka


The story of Smart Djaba an amazing young  gifted and talented Kenyan refugee of Congo origin, using his talent  to  advocate for peace and co existence will touch you. Bonyeza Star contacted the singer and turns out he has been to hell and back .

Known for the many of his  songs  such as “Born to shine” ,Salumu Djabir a.k.a Smart Djaba as most of his fans and music counterparts would have him called was born in North Kivu Democratic Republic of Congo.


Smart Djaba


He is the fifth born child in a family of six, two girls and four boys.Asked to describe his life speaking to  Mkikuyu Mjaka of Bonyeza Star  this is all the multi talented artist had to say,

“ I was born in a Muslim family.Our late father was a business man who used to sell timber and sometimes gold and diamond.My mum used to sell firewood.I would describe my family as having been simple just like any other family out there.

Unfortunately  one night in the year 2006 as we were  at home watching news my dad received a call from his business partner asking him where he was and warning him not to allow anyone in the family go out for the president’s army.(Mr Joseph Kabila’s) and that of the vice president (Jean Pierre Bemba) were fighting.


Smart Djaba during I DONT CARE Video shoot

After a few hours we heard people knocking on our door demanding that my dad to opens for them  failure to which they had promised to kill everyone.
WATCH  BRAND NEW VIDEO 'I DON'T CARE- SMART DJABA (ALKA PRODUCTIONS)

I still recall the night perfectly well .It was all quiet .Everyone was scared. My dad was scared too so he decided to open the door only for the unknown gunmen to storm in on us  demanding   to  be given all the money my father  had made from sales that season.

Judging from their utterances  it was evident they had been  tipped that my dad probably had money otherwise they  couldn't have  come by mistake.


Smart Djaba during a past interview at KBC studios


My dad gave them all he had but since they felt it wasn’t enough they began to act inhuman.Our firstborn was forced to have sex with our mum under our noses. My two sisters were raped ,,one of them by the six of the gunmen until she lost consciousness and fainted and when my dad could not take it any more he was shot dead trying to rescue us.

All I remember is that  at 10 years old  I was drowning in   a pool of my father’s own blood.The gunmen turned on me beat me up until i lost my teeth and later on  I  also became unconscious.

 Upon recovery I was told my mum told the gunmen that she had money and asked them to allow her bring the money and that was where she had the opportunity to escape with two of  my big brothers  and my sister through the window.My little brother and I later found ourselves in the hospital through the help of our neighbors.

Smart Djaba alongside Clemmo of radio Maisha during a past interview
WATCH BRAND NEW VIDEO 'I DON'T CARE- SMART DJABA (ALKA PRODUCTIONS)

Unfortunately upon recovery we were chased away by relatives from our father’s side accusing my mum of conniving with the gunmen  to kill my dad  for his money.We ended up in the streets and my sister had to engage in prostitution until she later found love and I must say her boyfriend was too generous to take us in,stayed with us for five good years but unfortunately later passed on and again  his family send us packing.

By good  luck my sister met with my dad’s business partner and he was to meet us on a Monday but as usual again we got attacked by unknown men dressed in the Congolese army uniform.



We thank God we were able to escape death and decided we would try our best to stay alive  so we embarked  on a journey to nowhere. Waded through the forest for four days without anything to eat or even drink but we thank God we arrived at the Congo-Rwanda Border where we were rescued by some Kenyan drivers who brought us to Kenya at the  Kakuma Refugees Camp to be precise.Since then Kenya has remained  my home and I owe it so much”


 His brand new video I DON'T CARE is just a few days into the street market and already causing ripples.All courtesy of producer Symo On The Beat ,Producer Cedar and Alka Productions C.E.O Vekta Kenya.



WATCH BRAND NEW VIDEO 'I DON'T CARE- SMART DJABA (ALKA PRODUCTIONS)

WATCH BRAND NEW VIDEO 'I DON'T CARE- SMART DJABA (ALKA PRODUCTIONS)


WATCH BRAND NEW VIDEO 'I DON'T CARE- SMART DJABA (ALKA PRODUCTIONS)



WATCH BRAND NEW VIDEO 'I DON'T CARE- SMART DJABA (ALKA PRODUCTIONS)



ADVERTISEMENT:


 WE ARE EPIC CITY ENTERTAINMENT YOUR HOME OF SOUND LIGHTS EVENT ORGANIZERS .



AT EPIC CITY ENTERTAINMENT WE DELIVER.FOR MORE INFO CONTACT 0715623516 0722622014 ALSO LIKE OUR PAGE EPIC CITY ENTERTAINMENT ON FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment