Monday 17 April 2017

MEET THE SUPER TALENTED SON OF KENYAN LEGENDARY MUSICIAN RAT –A –TAT YOU DID NOT KNOW ABOUT. WHAT DJ KRISS DARLING DID TO HIS CAREER WILL SHOCK YOU- Bonyeza Star


Rat-a-tat


By John Paul

The mention of the name Rat-a-tat I believe is not new to many Kenyans that is if you were glued to Kenyan music scene of the late 90’s when our industry began . She is one of the pioneers of the game. Her musical  prowess if anything was a guduwan .And just like they say, an apple never falls far from its tree, so is Kenyan young disc jockey Arnold Junior alias Dj Drama 254.A name coiled from his childhood ‘drama ndogondogo’ as many would call it  .

Dj Drama 254
    1.I know you look up to your mama so much , what are some of the achievements you think she pulled through  both as an artiste and as a mother?

I always look at her as the very dedicated Kenyan diva of those  times .And  I must say she is very a very hardworking  and quite business minded. Very strict for that matter. I'm so proud of her. Its true she has put music aside for some time now but her constant pieces of advice matter a lot to me. It’s what has made me who I am today.

22.    Did she introduce you to the game or you developed interest your own way .Rather Was she supportive when you began and again do you depend on her links for your publicity?

One thing that many Kenyans do not know is that rat a tat worked as a deejay at Ogopa Deejayz before she branched into stage performance and serious music recording. When we are in the house she is always the mother but then again she has this unique way of making things happen. At the beginning she wanted me to study hard and become a lawyer, to the point we clashed and I opted to move in with her friend. Later we made peace between us and she decided to introduce me to Dj Kriss Darling.

Kriss Darling

33.     How was it like working with Deejay Kris Darling at first?

Dj Kriss darling is the most perfect mentor to work under. It wasn’t a walk in the park because I shared classes with many established deejayz who are shining today so you can imagine the stiff healthy competition. Luckily for me Kris Darling treated me like I was his own son so he made me enjoy the privilege of attending 3 classes per day Instead of 2.

44.    Just to mention a few  ,who are some of the big names you once shared same decks with at Dohty family?
Dj Demakufu, Dj Try C ,Dj Stano na Dj Brihood from Kisii Town

55.     What are some of your greatest achievements as a deejay?

Ok I own a designer shop known as Muxiq Empire. Other than that am a successful Ghetto Radio Deejay and once performed at the Churchill Raw auditions for one week.

66.    How long have you served both at Ghetto radio and   Churchill Raw?
I was at Churchill raw for only two weeks. Standing in for a colleague   when he was sick one time. Served as ghetto radio Deejay since its inception in 2015

77.  Which countries other than Kenya have you  been to  ?
Congo, Tanzania and Ethiopia where my dad is based.

88. Apart from Kris darling which other Kenyan deejayz do you rate topmost.
Dj crème Del a Creme, Dj Joe Mfalme, Dj stone, Dj Mike of USA, Dj Demakufu, and the list is endless..

99.   What are your plans for the future?
My dream has always been to support budding artistes make it .To turn Relevant Deejayz Entertainment into a fully-fledged music house.

110.  Remind me again, which hood did you grow up in before you give us your Parting shot?
I grew up in Majengo Ghetto but later moved to Huruma after mama got some little cash .All am saying is that in life nothing is impossible .Go for whatever you want when you still have the urge and energy to do it. Nothing is as sweet as a man’s own sweat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment